Helping others collaboratively to transform systems
The student-run Social Enterprise at Cornell is helping redefine business by offering students inspiring workshops, career fairs and more!
In Social Entrepreneurship classes and programs, students discover endless possibilities for effecting social change. The following programs represent hubs of activity, resources, and support which emanate from all fields of study throughout Cornell University.
- Ashoka U Changemaker Campus –the leading designation for social innovation in higher education. In 2008, Cornell was selected as one of Ashoka U’s first Changemaker Campuses.
- Clinton Global Initiative University is a consortium of colleges and universities that support, mentor, and provide seed funding to leading student innovators and entrepreneurs on their respective campuses. 14 Cornell students have been admitted as delegates to the 2018 CGI-U conference with Entrepreneurship at Cornell acting as liaison.
- Societal Solutions Scholars Program promotes and facilitates student-driven innovation activities through a unique two-year program within the Dyson School.
- Environmental Finance and Impact Investing Fellows Program trains Cornell S.C. Johnson students for emerging opportunities at the intersection of sustainability and finance, including project finance that addresses climate change, ecosystem services, and poverty alleviation.
- Social Impact Internship Fund enables financial assistance to MBA students within the SC Johnson School who take no- or low-paying positions at certain types of organizations.
- High Road Fellowship in Buffalo is a fellowship within the College of Industrial Labor Relations providing opportunities for undergraduate students to participate as a group in research, engaged learning and service in community-based economic development in Buffalo, NY.
- Engaged Cornell is a campus wide ethos fueling the advancement of the University’s mission through community-engaged discovery and learning
- Center for Sustainable Global Enterprise at Johnson pioneers new approaches to business model creation and cultivates business leaders who seek competitive advantage through sustainable global strategies.
- Center for Transformative Action provides fiscal sponsorship to innovative, non-profit social entrepreneurs within New York State and provides curricular and extra-curricular educational opportunities in social change and social entrepreneurship.
- Sustainable Campus is a hub for sustainability in operations, research, education, and engagement.
- Cornell Women JET works to end violence against women and girls.
Additionally, there are a number of student-led organizations that focus on social enterprise: